Summer is Coming! Warning Signs Your Vehicle is Overheating
For your vehicle to run properly your vehicle must control the operating temperature. A mixture of coolant and water circulates through your cooling system to regulate the temperature. With good maintenance you can help prevent getting stuck on the side of the road with an overheating engine. If your vehicle is overheating the best thing you can do is pull over as soon as possible.
Here are some warning signs your vehicle may be overheating:
1. Your Vehicle May Display a Warning Light. This light will illuminate on your dashboard. This light can vary depending on the type of vehicle you have. It is best to check your owner's manual!
2. Temperature Gauge is Higher Than Normal- When your cooling system is operating properly the needle of the gauge will sit in the "normal" range. When your vehicle is overheating that needle will rise.
3. Leaking Fluid- If you are noticing a loss of fluid that may be a sign that your vehicle can overheat! Anytime you notice any kind of leak it is vital that you take your car to a service center.
4. You Notice Steam or Water Vapor- This means your coolant temperature has exceeded the boiling point. If you notice steam or water vapor you should pull over and turn off your vehicle as soon as possible.
5. Your Air Conditioning May Stop Working- This happens because oftentimes the vehicle will shut off the A/C to attempt to lessen the load on the engine. Also, often times the A/C Condenser is located in front of the radiator so when the vehicle is overheating its pulling hot air from the radiator into the condenser. The Air Conditioner will produce warm air.
When your vehicle overheats it can possibly lead to catastrophic damage and lead to costly repairs. So remember if you experience any of these warning signs make sure you pull over as soon as possible. We are your cooling system experts. Our technicians are properly trained to test and inspect cooling concerns and your cooling system and get to the root cause of the issue. All of our repairs at Spencer Auto Repair have a 3 year, 36,000 mile nationwide warranty. Book an appointment today: www.spencerautorepair.com/appointment